New England Youth Bridge, Inc., a tax-exempt charity, is pleased to offer to teachers of youth bridge programs a set of lesson plans with teacher's manual that are designed for use by school bridge clubs.
NEYB subscribes to a bridge learning progression of:
- Teaching play before bidding (that is, using mini-bridge)
- Teaching declarer play before defender play
- Teaching notrump play before trump suit play
Jeff Lehman, the author of the lesson plans and teacher's manual, would like to acknowlege the contributions by several authors of source materials and to recommend these materials to both teachers and students of school bridge programs:
- Fred Gitelman’s Learn To Play Bridge software, available through Bridge Base Online.
- Kitty Cooper’s School Bridge Lesson Series Program Teacher Manual.
- Eddie Kantar’s books “Introduction to Declarer’s Play” and “Introduction to Defender’s Play”. www.kantarbridge.com
- Audrey Grant’s ACBL Bridge Series “Bidding in the 21st Century”.